Oct 19, 2009

BabyEtte on Etsy


Beth is the designer of BabbyEtte, She designs babywearing accessories and has various items in her shop. Her designs vary from unique, European style neckscapes, as well as Cloche Hats,magnificent slings, as well as many more babywearing accessories. . Her style is absolutely unique! Intrigued by her work, I asked her a few questions about herself and her art.


Tell me something about yourself and your art. And your full name and where you are from?

My name is Beth Ritzman born and raised in Seattle but moved to Fort Wayne IN 6 years ago. I’m a wife and mother of 4 daughters ages 1-10. I’ve been making things since my fist pregnancy when the “creative hormones” first hit me and have never left. My girls are home educated and so we spend a lot of time together, which is great. They are a lot of fun.

How did you get started as a designer?

I’ve sewn little things here and there for years. I’ve always been an avid BabyWearer and am pro-Attachment Parenting, so when my first ring sling wore out, I started making my own.
I took my favorite aspects of all the different slings I’ve tried and made the best of the best. The slings I create now are the result of essentially 10 years of babywearing experience and feedback from La Leche League and Attachment Parenting International members from several states.

What inspires you to create?


I am inspired by the desire to be close to my baby. I want to be able to carry and nurse my baby while doing all the other things that Life demands of me, while still expressing my individual style and personality. I do not want to look like every other mom at the playground. And I’ll admit it… I like the attention. ;)

How do you get the word out about your shop and your work?

I can’t avoid it! I have one of probably every sling in my shop in my personal collection! I also wear my NeckScapes and BabyWearing Ponchos all over town.
If people don’t comment about my line of ducklings following me through the store or library (why are they not in school?!) they will definitely comment about the eye-catching, obviously well-made sling holding my sweet Vignette.
Also, I think BabyEtte slings really stand out in the Etsy searches. They are unique, just like the Women I make them for.

Where we can find your items ?

Right now I sell on Etsy, who does a great job supporting their sellers. Of course, I am really new at this. I opened my shop in late July. So I am always looking for ways to grow and learn. I especially want to learn more about photography and work towards a new/better camera. My photos just do not do my items justice.
But you can find me on Facebook as “BabyEtteBoutique” and on Twitter as “BabyEtteEtsy” and Email at Beth.BabyEtte [!at] yahoo.com


1 comment: