Jan 19, 2010

I found her shop on etsy and I would love to share it with you!



Tell me something about yourself and your art


My name is Chrissy Ann Feiteira, I am a ceramic artist living in Fairhaven, Massachusetts, a lovely small town by the sea. My clay studio is located close by, about a fifteen minute bike ride, in a small city called New Bedford. I have been working there since 2002 after finishing college and moving back to the area from Providence, Rhode Island, and began Chrissy Ann Ceramics.

How did you get started as a designer?

As an artist, I was nurtured creatively from early childhood. My family always encouraged my sister and I to create by supplying us with plentiful art supplies, and new craft projects. It was a way that our family spent time together, and socialized.

I began my studies as a sculpture student, but clay was always my real love. So, I enrolled in a ceramics class and when I mixed up my first five gallon bucket of glaze, I knew that was what I wanted to do for the rest of my life. After graduating in 2002, I began renting my own studio, and slowly purchased my own equipment.

What inspires you to create?

I get weird unexpected inspirations at really random times. Certain seasons really do it for me, like spring time makes my creative mind go wild! I love making early spring discoveries watching things as they grow. It's a really great moment to sit, reflect on, and sketch.

Once I had collected rocks that had a deep glow of burnt colors and I thought "Oh, this would be a great new palette for some vessel forms I can make for the fall." I love those moments of inspiration because it gets you out of your head for a moment, and into that very moment of time with fresh uncluttered eyes and heart. It is refreshing! Inspiration just happens sometimes when you least expect it and you just have to try and hold on to it before its gone.

How do you get the word out about your shop and your work?

Most of my advertising comes from the many shows I participate in within my local community. I've grown to love outdoor markets, I love meeting the locals, and forming relationships with my buyers. I love to hear the stories of where my pieces have gone, and how they are being used. I pass out many postcards with my Etsy shop and contact information as well as traditional business cards, show schedules, and workshop info if I have one coming up.

Where we can find your items?

You can find my work in my Etsy shop of course, www.chrissyannceramics.etsy.com. I am trying to be better disciplined this year with regular new Etsy listings, and updates.
Our studio building has a website that we've been slowly getting together. You can find me and my studio mates at www.hatchstreetstudios.com.
You can find my blog, facebook and twitter here:
www.chrissyannceramics.blogspot.com
www.twitter.com/ChrissyACeramic
www.facebook.com/ChrissyAnnCeramics

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so very much for featuring me as you Etsy shop! I appreciate your support! xo, Chrissy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful freaure! I found it posted in etsy forums.


    http://christiecottage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete